How do I choose a jewellery box?---
People love jewelry boxes because they can store their favorite pieces of jewelry in a safe and organized way.
But they can also be a great way to add character and style to any room. An eye-catching jewelry box can be a beautiful addition to any room décor.
How to choose the perfect jewelry box
When it comes to choosing a jewelry box, many people prefer indie aesthetics that feature unique and vintage designs. These boxes can add personality to any room and are often handmade with beautiful materials like wood, metal, and glass.
But really, in terms of design, the sky’s the limit. You can go as simple or as extravagant as you want, and there are endless options for storage and display. If you’re not sure where to start, consider what type of aesthetic you prefer. Are you a minimalist? Do you like geometric patterns? Are you trying to add a touch of cottagecore into your room?
And then also, do you want something that matches the decor of your room? Or would you prefer a unique statement, a bolder decorative option?
Once you’ve decided on those things, it’s time to think about function vs. aesthetics. How large the jewelry box should be? How many compartments do you need?
Will you need one or more boxes?
In case you will get multiple jewelry boxes, it might come as a surprise but it’s actually better to buy different ones, not the same box twice. Go for jewelry boxes in designs that go with one another but are not exactly the same. They can be the same style, but should be at least in different sizes. This will make it easier to find a piece of jewelry as you will always be able to tell your jewelry boxes apart.
4 Different styles of jewelry boxes
1) Minimalist jewelry boxes that focus on functionality. These are great if you like the Scandi interior design, organic modern or an industrial space decor.
2) Vintage replica jewelry boxes are so cottagecore! They are romatic and evoke 19th century. If you are into cottagecore or grandmacore, this is the style for you.
4) Art deco jewelry boxes are some of the most elegant but also eye-catching jewelry boxes out there. Art deco was popular in 50s and 60s so if you like mid-century retro, you might enjoy these.
5) Exotic and boho jewelry boxes are for those of you into yoga and eastern cultures. They are eclectic and beautiful. On a similar note, jewelry boxes inspired by Arabic culture can be some of the most stunning pieces of work you’ll have ever seen.
Best places to buy jewelry boxes
As always, it all depends on your aesthetic preferences. If you’re into vintage and exotic looking unique pieces, then you should definitely stay away from mainstream retailers and shopping mall.
Etsy is your friend here, and you will also find a lot of unique pieces on Amazon or AliExpress. However, those come with a higher risk, so always check the reviews before buying anything, especially if the price tag is high!
If you want to be 100% sure you’re getting what you’re paying for, then your best bet is to go to a specialty store in person. But those can be pretty pricey. A cost friendly alternative are garage sales and flea markets, you can find some pretty unique gems there among all the stuff. It does take some searching though.
Tips for storing your jewelry
Once you have your jewelry box, it’s important to store your jewelry well to keep it in good condition and minimize any maintenance and cleaning.
Keep it organized
First tip is, don’t put too many pieces of your jewelry into a single box. Just get a new one when things start looking cluttered and you have trouble finding different pieces.
Tangling ia bad
Your jewelry absolutely shouldn’t tangle together with other pieces! That’s a way too crowded box for sure. Wrap fragile or delicate pieces in soft cloth to prevent them from scratching each other or getting tangled.
Air and tarnishing
Also, don’t wear the same piece of jewelry all the time, rotate your pieces so they can all get air and avoid tarnishing.
At the same time, too much air is bad as well. Delicate pieces are easy to catch dust if you keep them in an open box or just completely outside of any jewelry boxes at all, and can be hard to clean.
No matter how well you care for them, gold, silver, and other metals will inevitably tarnish over time, but you can slow down the process by keeping your jewelry in a dry, dark place. You will still need to get your golden pieces cleaned every once in a while by a professional, though.
What to consider when buying a jewelry box
When it comes to choosing a jewelry box, the options can be endless. But how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few factors to consider when making your selection:
- How much jewelry do you have? If you have a lot of jewelry, you’ll need a larger box with more storage space.
- What type of aesthetic do you prefer? If you want something that matches the decor of your room, choose a box that fits the style.
- Do you want something that’s decorative or functional? If you just want somewhere to store your jewelry, go for a functional box. But if you want something that’s also pretty to look at, choose a decorative option.
Jewelry boxes come in all shapes and sizes, and there’s definitely one out there that’s perfect for you.
Whether you’re looking for a functional box to store your jewelry or something decorative that will also hold your pieces, we’ve got you covered. We’ve also shared some tips on how to care for your jewelry so it stays in good condition.
Have a happy shopping for the perfect jewelry box!
#diy #minimalism #jewelry #accessories #etsy #indie-decor #shopping