5 easy DIY jewelry projects for beginners---
Crafts are all the rage right now, and have been for some time. There’s no wonder - crafting is a fun way to channel your personal taste without spending all your free time scouring fashion websites in search for items that are a good fit for you.
But if you’re new to DIY jewelry making, it can be tough to know where to start. Everything looks intimidating! That’s why we’ve put together this list of the five easiest types of DIY jewelry to make. Keep reading for tips on how to make each type of jewelry, plus links to tutorials that will help you get started.
Keep reading for tips on how to make each type of this cute DIY aesthetic jewelry!
Take it easy!
Our first piece of advice? Don’t be afraid to start small. Buy a basic kit of jewelry components off Amazon and choose a type of jewelry that is made out of less than 3 parts. It could be simple earrings or a stone pendant.
Try to make one piece and if it goes well, challenge yourself to complete a couple more of these projects within a short time frame.
That way, you’ll get the hang of the techniques involved and be able to move on to more complicated projects with confidence.
Ready to get started? Here are five easy DIY jewelry projects for beginners:
- Basic chains: chains are a great way to add some simple elegance to any outfit. This tutorial walks you through the basics of chain making, including how to make a basic chain and add charms or pendants.
- Wire wrapped pendants: Talk about witchy aesthetic! Wire wrapping is a great way to add some goth vibe to your outfits. This tutorial shows you how to make a simple wire wrapped pendant in just minutes.
- Beaded Earrings: Boho earrings are one of the simplest types of DIY jewelry - just thread on some beads and you’re good to go! This tutorial will show you how to make those stunning dangle earrings with Swarovski crystals and seed beads.
- Hippie Bracelets: bracelets are another easy option that can be made with a variety of materials, including cord, chain, and wire. This tutorial will teach you how to make a boho wrap bracelet with jump rings.
- Pendant Necklaces: Like earrings, pendant necklaces can be super simple to make. The pendant can be made with many different materials and styles. This tutorial will show you how to make a beautiful pendant necklace that is made with beads but looks far more art-deco than boho.
Fashion aesthetics that thrive with DIY jewelry
DIY jewelry is a staple of aesthetic fashion, whether you actually do it yourself or buy handmade products from Etsy. The best aesthetics for DIY jewelry are the ones that are leaning towards goth, industrial or boho aesthetics.
Steampunk aesthetic jewelry would be perfect for a DIY project. It has an antique quality to it that can be easily replicated with some basic materials like metal.
Boho DIY jewelry is all about natural materials like leather, combined with colorful beads and straps. It’s easy to find tutorials for this type of jewelry online.
The goth DIY aesthetic is all about dark colors, dramatic shapes, and spikes. If you’re looking for a challenge, this might be the DIY aesthetic for you. There are plenty of goth DIY tutorials online that can help you get started.
But even if you are into cottagecore, academia or other delicate and feminine soft aesthetics, there are plenty of tutorials on how to make jewelry using Swarowski crystals.
People love DIY jewelry because it is a way for them to express their personal style. Whether you are DIY newbie or an experienced crafter, there is always something new to learn in the world of DIY jewelry making. And, best of all, you can make pieces that are uniquely your own. So go ahead and try your hand at one of the five easy DIY jewelry projects for beginners listed above - we promise you won’t be disappointed!
So what are you waiting for? Get crafting!
#diy #minimalism #crafts #boho #etsy #indie-decor #chic #earrings