10+ Looks with jewelry for the modern cottagecore aesthetic---
Hero is a pearl locket from CaitlynMinimalist on Etsy
Cottagecore aesthetic has become one of the most popular trends, but for better or worse, women’s cottagecore is so strongly associated with flowy dresses and long skirts. Looks like in 2023 those of us who are not into that will finally get what we are owed.
The world is waking up to know that cottagecore doesn’t have to be this way!
With the right jewelry and accessories, you can create modern cottagecore outfits really easily. Jeans, for example, are absolutely allowed in a modern cottagecore outfit. The secret to keep the vibe is in the accessories: With a Victorian replica on your neck and a bag that screams cottagecore, a jeans and a white top can (really!) look cottagecore.
Why modern cottagecore anyway?
People are getting tired of cottagecore dresses because they look too girly and old-fashioned. It’s sweet, but where is the spice? Most people don’t mind wearing clothes that are frilly and feminine, but they also want to show some skin. Your classic cottagecore leaves no space for that - but modern cottagecore does. Jewelry and accessories can help them make modern cottagecore outfits that look different.
Princess Polly: Lillie
Princess Polly: Devante
Etsy: Zarataylor (green aventurine - very affordable)
Modern cottagecore is actually wearable
Modern cottagecore outfits are all about embracing both femininity and a hint of edginess. It is the perfect balance between modernity and vintage; a look that celebrates bohemian style while still being uniquely stylish.
For tops, opt for something that is airy and frilly, but also fitted around the waist. Blouses and peasant tops are perfect for achieving this look. As for bottoms, you can go with a mini skirt - with a cottagecore print perhaps - or you can break away from the traditional cottagecore look completely and opt for a pair of jeans instead.
Heart lockets from BenitaJewelsCo on Etsy
Jewelry can be statement or minimalist
But whatever you choose, don’t forget jewelry! Jewelry is key to creating a modern cottagecore outfit.
Here’s what to look for in a statement jewelry piece that can take your outfit towards modern cottagecore:
- Nature-inspired designs such as flowers, daisies, sunflowers, hummingbirds and butterflies
- Victorian or romantic styles like cameo jewelry or lockets
Pearl locket from CaitlynMinimalist on Etsy
- Rustic jewelry featuring natural elements such as wood, shells and pearls
- Coins with precious metals embedded in them
- Raw crystals and semi precious stones for a boho touch
- Delicate necklaces with dainty pendants or charms made of silver or gold
- Earrings adorned with feathers and other nature motifs
- Cameo jewelry pieces with intricate details such as filigree work
- Leather bands with lockets for an edgy cottagecore look
Princess Polly: Meeks
- Handcrafted jewelry items that are unique and one of a kind
Mixing aesthetics: Cottagecore and millenial
Here’s where it gets fun. Millennial fashion is all about comfort and expressing one’s individual style. It’s no surprise, then, that the fusion of millennial fashion and cottagecore aesthetic has become increasingly popular in recent years.
Millennials have embraced the romantic, free-spirited ethos of cottagecore by mixing it with their own individual style. Instead of opting for flowy dresses and long skirts, they incorporate cottagecore-inspired jewelry pieces with their everyday looks. Chunky necklaces featuring pendants such as sunflowers or daisies look great when paired with a more modern outfit, like jeans and a t-shirt.
Topaz earrings from Etsy: hangingbyathread1
A posh looking handbag is the freshest looking way for modern cottagecore
- Lightweight and durable material
- Intricate detailing such as embroidery, fringe, applique or lace
- Quirky prints like floral, animal or polka dots
- Leather trims for a sophisticated look
- Natural fabrics such as linen, jute or cotton canvas
- Neutral colors like beige, cream and navy blue for a classic feel
- Earthy tones like olive green and rustic brown for an added touch of cottagecore charm
- Gold accents to add some glamour to the bag
- Adjustable straps that can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody depending on your preference
- A spacious interior with several pockets for easy organization of essentials
#cottagecore #minimalism #aesthetic-trends #around 20 USD